06 June 2007

twenty-nine candles

This is my blog's 300th post. Today is also my 29th birthday.
Lately, much has been on my mind.
Some people seem to believe that I have used this space as a weapon, a tool to retaliate against someone I care about very much. Those people are wrong.
This blog is my journal. I use it to post a variety of things: writings, thoughts, feelings, and photographs. I do not consider the reader when I'm posting because this blog is my personal space. You, the reader, make the choice to read what I have written. Some bloggers use their space to post news stories, music reviews, and other material specifically meant for public consumption.
Since I started this blog I have received comments from individuals that I'll never meet. These people have found something comforting in some of my more painful writings; I feel less alone when I read such comments.
Some people might question why I would publish such a graphic post like Soldier Boy. Again, this blog is my journal and I have found confessing certain actions or exorcising the darkest of demons to be a therapeutic experience.
In closing, none of my 299 previous posts were specifically written to retaliate or attack anyone. Some posts might express anger, disappointment, regret, etc. about someone, but I've never used this blog to attack anyone personally.

mc

1 comment:

kate said...

happy birthday. keep writing...even if it's only for yourself, ESPECIALLY if it's that, keep doing it.
my best to you and peace.