30 April 2007

weekend with L -- and coconuts

For those curious, last weekend with L was very enjoyable. On Saturday we went to Bloomington's annual Renaissance Fair -- wow. There are the Trekkies, the Star Wars geeks and the Renaissance folk. I won't, however, write ill of the experience. The Renaissance people are very committed to their craft and enjoy every minute of it; how many people can truly say the same of their own lives?
Afterward, inspired by what we had seen, we rented the classic Monty Python and the Holy Grail. A bona fide comedy classic.
I'm glad L and I have amended our past mistakes. I have recommitted myself to L and our relationship in an attempt to avert future blow ups -- it's all I can do. I hope she understands that this relationship is new territory for me; I've never been involved in something such as this. When you have lived your entire adult life as a single man it is difficult to adjust to a new addition -- a person you love and care for very much. I don't think she comprehends how difficult this adjustment has and still is for me. But she is an empathetic girl and I try not to worry about it too much.
Thanks for a lovely weekend, Panda Bear.

mc

One of the funniest scenes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail -- "Coconuts"

1 comment:

D said...

Glad to hear you guys worked things out. I can tell how happy she makes you.