03 July 2006

dream

...And in a dream I'm saying, "So, have you fucked her yet? Have you planted yourself in that secret crevice? Has she given you permission to trespass her private garden and pluck her petals?
"These are the obscene delights that satisfy the temporary and quell their wicked appetites, and no -- before you speak -- my desire was never to spoil her sanctity nor soil her with sacred fluids.
"My desire was a shrouded stranger to her; for her heart had been obliterated and buried in a thousand unmarked plots, scattered and impossible to recover.
"My threats were flowers and my yearning, an innocent ghost. And I was refused.
"And you should understand that I do not speak with an envious heart. I do not resent you and I am upset with neither of you, but, please forgive me if my lips utter a pious sentiment, I pity both of you.
"I used to be a creature of concession. I compromised my ideals, feelings and, most importantly, my heart to amalgamate with a greater collective. A mass of souls who surrender to temptation and abandon the art of restraint: self-discipline.
"And I was refused. My heart: too strong. My virtues: too noble.
"Man can choose to exorcise his demons or console them; he can split an atom to annihilate his brother or open his arms and embrace him.
"I wish all of man's desires were pure, clean and true but -- alas -- such is not the case, so I pity him, I pity him."

...And in a dream I'm saying, "I want to assure you that things are good. The sky is as blue as the oceans' tears and the stars still tremble and burn like newborns breathing beautiful."

Shalom,
mc

2 comments:

D said...

Hey mc, been catching up with your recent posts. Sorry I haven't been in touch lately, was in NC all last week on vacation. Was good to get away, but now I feel like I'm playing catch up with everything I put on hold here...the downside of this hectic world we inhabit I suppose. Anyhow, glad to hear all is well with your health, as they say if you don't have that, you don't have much. I'll be in touch soon. Take it easy.

D

p.s. I swear I will update my blog one of these days. Working two jobs has unfortunately taken a toll on my creativity as of late. However, I think I'll be fully adjusted here in a few weeks. Take care bro.

the.sky.is.a.television.signal said...

Glad to see you're back in the saddle, D. I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

I'll be looking for some fresh material on Towards Omega.

Shalom,
mc