22 February 2006

together

The dead and the dying
The withering and the free
The pills and the noose
The gun and the cradle
Hand in hand
One by one
And two by two
Together we wait
To sink and succumb
From the weights and the weather
And the whims of the weary

Your body is a cradle, Love
Wrap your sheets of bone, flesh and hair
Around me
Cover me like blankets of snow
Flakes and fibers
Fabric and flame
Suffocate this broken body
Pale and thin
Rock and sway
You rock and sway
And I'm dissolving
Away
And away

Sleep with me, Love
So I may climb inside
And close my eyes
Wash my heart
And erase my brain
I'm under your flesh
Crawling causing ripples like creeping blisters
Follow my movements
Floating in your bloodstream
Creeping through capillaries

Swallow me, Love
So that you may digest and absorb my nutrients
The vitamins are deficient
And my blood anemic
The platelets are rusting
And the cells are dying
Breathe life, Babe
Cleanse this dirty blood
Rejuvenate this dying flesh
Fortify these brittle bones
Then bury me
Behind your dry wall
Of membrane and memory

The brittle and the breaking
The withering and the free
One by one and two by two
Together we will wait
To sink and succumb
Come to me, Love
Into me
Out of you
Into you
Out of me
We will wilt

mc

No comments: