21 February 2006

brief

For three hours last night, everything inside was quiet as my eyes and ears were treated to stunning and beautiful performances by Sigur Ros and the opening band, Amina. I recall shaking my head in disbelief numerous times at the sights and the sounds, the sheer beauty of it all. Sigur Ros' encore performance of "PopplagiĆ° " was simply amazing. But the sound would fade and the time would come for Ry (thanks again for the ticket, bro) and I to go our separate ways. Walking away from the theater, lights and exiting crowd, the darkness crept back in, keeping me company for the 1+ hour drive back home.

AA, sorry I didn't answer your phone call...What can I say? I'm void of color right now. I don't have anything to say to anyone...Words are useless decorations anyway. I wish I could express the utter emptiness inside of me. There are additional things I could say but I'll refrain from doing so; those words would only intend to hurt and infect others with the black cancer eating away my insides.

Lem, I appreciate your concern. I wish you weren't 3000 miles away but then again, everyone feels out of reach right now. Besides, I don't deserve anyone churning with warmth or concern. I have had the flawed aspects of my personality painfully outlined and my only purpose appears to be the contamination of others, so you (along with everyone else) should feel fortunate for your distance. Well, there I go again...

mc

1 comment: