20 January 2006

a temporary vessel

As these words escape from my warm hand and onto this clean, white page of my notebook, the clock ticks to 7:13 am and I'm alive with one hour of sleep and caffeine dancing in my bloodstream.
Very much alive indeed.
Last night she graced me with her presence for which I am thankful. She told me she is lost, overwhelmed and confused by the patterns her life is constructing; obstructing any sense of purpose, reason - and I'm left feeling helpless as I stroke the strands of hair from her neck, her face and I find the sweetest space to place a feather of a kiss and I absorb this moment and realize that the pieces which construct the very fiber of our existence can do nothing but confuse and overwhelm and
I lose myself
And
I lose my place
In this moment
And I find a temporary vessel of peace somewhere inside, outside, everywhere.
everything is temporary, everything is temporary
I want to cling to this moment - everywhere - but the limits of the human condition will soon make this piece of time transparent and it will fade and I will forget this beautiful glimpse of her face, her neck, her body and the strands of hair tangled across her face - this beautiful glimpse of peace and indifference and somewhere a circle spins just to begin again and start anew with no memory or trace of the colors and schemes of a day now spoiling and rotting in the foreign confines of some stranger's mind
And this stranger will be confused
And this stranger will be overwhelmed
By this memory from some unknown mind from another time; a misplaced ghost spinning circles
Wild and free
Wild and free - a glimpse of tranquility, a taste of indifference.
And once again I realize that the pieces which construct the very fiber of our existence can do nothing but confuse, overwhelm, amaze and astound.

As these words escape from my hand the sun begins to rise and somewhere a spider spins a web magnificent.

mc

this piece is from my notebook and was written on the morning of 20 january 2006 @ 7:13am

No comments: