04 January 2006

the sound i recognize

"Passover" by Joy Division

This is the crisis I knew had to come
Destroying the balance I'd kept

Doubting, unsettling and turning around
Wondering what will come next

Is this the role that you wanted to live?
I was foolish to ask for so much
Without the protection and infancy's guard
It all falls apart at first touch

Watching the reel as it comes to a close
Brutally taking its time
People who change for no reason at all
It's happening all of the time
Can I go on with this train of events?
Disturbing and purging my mind
Back out of my duties, when all's said and done
I know that I'll lose every time

Moving along in our god given ways
Safety is set by the fire
Sanctuary from these feverish smiles
Left with a mark on the door
Is this the gift that I wanted to give?
Forgive and forget's what they teach
Or pass through the deserts and wastelands once more
And watch as they drop by the beach

This is the crisis I knew had to come
Destroying the balance I'd kept

Turning around to the next set of lives

Wondering what will come next



"Isolation" by Joy Division

In fear every day, every evening
He calls her aloud from above
Carefully watched for a reason
Painstaking devotion and love
Surrendered to self preservation
From others who care for themselves
A blindness that touches perfection
But hurts just like anything else

Isolation

Mother I tried please believe me
I'm doing the best that I can
I'm ashamed of the things I've been put through

I'm ashamed of the person I am


Isolation

But if you could just see the beauty
These things I could never describe

The pleasures a wayward distraction

This is my one lucky prize - Isolation

No comments: