09 January 2006

flowers for bandages

I sent her flowers for bandages and the rain was falling from the sky.
Use those petals to soak your dripping wounds and when they can absorb no more, a flying creature of grace will come baring a fresh blooming batch.
Flowers blossom from my heart. I will carefully pluck them from this fertile soil and plant them on your doorstep and if you let me, bury them soundlessly in your heart. I will tend to your fragile garden with hands so tender.
I will cradle and sway.
Cradle and sway -
Until peace finds its way inside that sacred garden.
Close your eyes and I will brush away the tangled strands that cling to your face of wet porcelain.
I will be the casual observer (so quiet) watching dreams fall from the ceiling and gently float into your silent ears -
A house of cards that I don't dare touch.
A masterpiece of canvas and paint that I don't dare brush.
Be still and settle your restless heart - a warm blanket of snow and cotton awaits.
I sent her fresh flowers from the flowing garden that sways (a gentle breeze like the quiet kiss of sunshine in April) inside my heart.
These flowers are bandages.
This blood is the life force.

mc

No comments: