29 December 2005

connections and the shifting

Things are shifting inside.
Is that all I have to say? I feel like there should be something else. I know there is more but I'm feeling overwhelmed right now.
Connections...These connections that we form and establish with other beings...What are they? Why do I feel like every connection must result in a destination? Do others feel this way? Sometimes I feel as if these associations are puzzle pieces, missing no more. Will I ever complete the puzzle? Is the puzzle even real?
I've said many a time that human beings complicate their lives unnecessarily. We create phobias, problems, joy, pain, fear and so on. Am I guilty of constructing some elaborate temple unnecessarily? All I need is an earth to sleep on and a soul to love. The temple is a beautiful structure to gaze upon. So large. So tall (reaching into the heavens). Can we appreciate the flesh, blood and tears that went into the construction of this monumental structure? Do we realize that while the men that assembled that temple have long since passed on, they are still there? In the frame of the temple, the foundation, the...
Where the hell am I going with this? So complicated...So unnecessary...Perhaps we complicate as a means of justifying the 'shifting' inside all of us. After all, this post started with "Things are shifting inside." Why can't I accept this feeling and move on? This shifting is filled with uncertainty. Uncertain about a couple of connections. The uncertainty of tomorrow does not bother me; the uncertainty of others does. Where do we go? Is there anywhere to go? Miles and miles separate us, both literally and figuratively. Some are so close yet so far away. Others are so far away yet so close - painfully close.
I have so much more to convey but there is no point in pursuing this. I'm talking to myself...I'm talking to myself...I'm talking to myself...
I just wish it was you
That I was talking to...

mc

No comments: