13 July 2005

I AM SOMEONE/SOMETHING REAL

flipping through 70+ channels of bullshit....scanning the many profiles of fellow bloggers...what a world we live in. i get an interesting, almost giddy, feeling when i am browsing through the many faces of other bloggers. you see this person’s face, a person you have never seen before and will probably never meet in-person, and realize that this is not a character on some bullshit sitcom, not some inflated ego of reality television...this is a person who has/had a mother, a father, perhaps friends....a life so different from your own...and this person exists in his/her own corner of the world...and they are all there at the click of a mouse. i wonder how many have come across my own profile and if they have been filled with the same feelings after taking a glimpse into the life of a stranger...into my life. and why do we (meaning bloggers) post our feelings and thoughts on these “pages?” i suppose it is the same reason we have our photographs taken....to prove that we once existed....that we/were something real....some of us are shouting out loud with mouths parallel to the sky, “I AM HERE....DOES ANYONE CARE TO NOTICE ME...I AM A HUMAN BEING AND I HAVE FEELINGS, DESIRES...I AM NOT SIMPLY AN IMAGE...I AM FLESH....I AM BLOOD....I AM ME ----- AND I AM REAL.”

mc

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Beautifully done.
So many people needing to prove that they are, as if they would not be fully convinced otherwise. But if you can see and read your life online, and others can see and read it, it must be real.

And that's where the fun can begin.