11 December 2010

hmmmmmmmm

First: Listen to this video. It's "Theme for Great Cities" by Simple Minds.




OK, now open your ears to the following song. This one is Radiohead (full disclosure: I'm a Radiohead fanboy) and it's called "Where I End and You Begin" (full disclosure: this is a top 7, maybe top 5 fav of mine). As you listen, anything strike you when compared to "Theme for Great Cities"?




So, intentional? Unintentional? Whatever the case, that Simple Minds song is pretty dope.

xx

(More 2010 muscial favs coming up! Just gotta survive Finals week next week and it'll be 3 1/2 weeks of holiday va-cay. One final grade already in: I landed a final 94% for my clinical course, which consisted of two, five-hour days every week for the past ten weeks at a local long-term care facility. Feeling pretty good about that, but next week is sure to be a nail biter: Pharm final Monday at 10AM [feeling pretty confident about that one] and the dreaded Med-Surg final Wednesday [not so confident -- the final regular exam of the semester this week crushed me with a failing 72%]; anything less than a mediocre performance will be a cause for concern, but I'm playing the optimist, so we'll see. Plus, much drama -- mostly of the family variety -- has occurred during the past several weeks. I'll share some of it here when I can find the time. Considering all the extracurricular shit that's accumulated on my shoulders during this semester, I'm shocked I remain afloat.)

No comments: