06 April 2010

today

Anxiety and a thunderous heart beat limited me to only two hours of sleep last night. I'm exhausted, but today provided a glimpse of hope. Earlier I spoke with mom, and this is what we know:

  • She's been upgraded and is no longer in critical care
  • Her speech and general demeanor on the phone were much improved from our Monday conversation; I cannot state how relieved I was to hear her recognize my voice
  • Aside from pain meds, she is also receiving a liver cleansing med; this med, apparently, is being blamed for her confusion and slurred speech, NOT brain damage
  • The extent of her liver damage is still unknown

I'm cautiously optimistic about her present situation. I have to be. I can't take much more of this, this being mom's health, sister, and my fragile mental state.

On the edge of delirium (and always prepared for the worst),

xx

No comments: