28 December 2009

run

After taking a month off from running (which I started doing regularly in early November) to deal with some knee issues, I purchased some actual running shoes today from Indiana Running Company. I'm hoping my knee issues were a product of my ignorance and not something anatomical. See, I stupidly began my running routine in a pair of sneakers -- shoes NOT designed for running. (Note to self: inappropriate shoes along with low arches are a sure-fire combination for injury.) The knowledgeable staff at Indiana Running Company analyzed my gait and presented a number of shoes for me to try, and their indoor track allowed me a test run in each pair. They even offer a two-week trial period, so if these shoes ultimately aren't the right fit, I can take them back and try a different pair.

xx

No comments: