05 August 2009

live

I'm proud to say I haven't accomplished much since last Friday. Last Friday, of course, I completed and easily passed my much-blogged Anatomy & Physiology final. The ten days leading up to that Friday were excruciatingly stressful. If I failed the exam I would have had little recourse but to take A&P 101 again – and that wasn't going to happen.

At least 50% of the stress was self-induced; I'm convinced that I have a subconscious desire to harm myself. Harm, of course, can be inflicted in a number of ways. (Those destructive patterns have been blogged here time and time again.) I know this is unhealthy behavior, but, sometimes, idiosyncratic methods are the sole gears that push people forward – and, ultimately, enable them to succeed.

Anyway, tonight I'm capping off my five days of rest and relaxation with what should be a very good rock show: Deerhunter, Dan Deacon and No Age. I'm not a fan of Dan Deacon; however, I respect him as an artist because he's able to execute mind-bending aural explorations without forcing the strange concoction of sound into your ear. Love Deerhunter. Really like No Age's sound. Tonight's festivities at Rhino's (last time I was at Rhino's a guy named Jeff Mangum made a cameo) won't be the typical three-act rock show. All three groups will be performing together.

Tonight will certainly offer some explosive – and interesting – music.

xx

No comments: