31 July 2009

anyone?

Can anyone on the Internets tell me why the David Lynch masterpiece The Elephant Man is no longer available in DVD format? My number one film of all time is The Elephant Man, and I would like to acquire this film on digital video disc because my video home system copy -- that's VHS for those keeping score at home -- is, well, obsolete; I haven't owned a video home system player since Bill Clinton was president of these United States.

Can anyone on the World Wide Web enlighten me regarding this subject?

Thank you.

And yes, I'm drunk (but that's OK, I'm not an alcoholic -- read my previous post. I have a valid excuse for being drunk at noon on a beautiful Friday in Bloomington. Besides, I saw a t-shirt the other day that read "Bloomington: A Drinking Town with a Basketball Problem." Haha... get it? That slogan gives college kids an excuse to be a beligerent alcholic -- in a college town that was once known for flooring a great college basketball team. Way back when, well, when Bill Clinton was president of these United States. [Love it when a blog post comes full circle.]).

Cheers,

xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that film too!

And i don't know why it isn't on DVD. You could always pirate it and then burn it to a DVD if you really wanted it. Though, because it's your favourite movie, you probably want a physical copy of the real thing. Which i can't help you with.

This may help you though: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=The+Elephant+Man+DVD&_sacat=See-All-Categories

the.sky.is.a.television.signal said...

Yeah, thanks bro. I've been following a few 'Elephant Man' auctions on eBay for a while. Considering the film has been out of print for a couple of years, a special edition release has got to be around the corner...