30 May 2009

wilco and zoo

Girlfriend and I left early this morning and spent the morning and afternoon at the Indianapolis Zoo. Good times. Wilco's Summerteeth was our northbound soundtrack; coming home it was Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. "She's a Jar," penned by Jeff Tweedy and the late Jay Bennett, and the second cut off Summerteeth, gave me goosebumps. Bennett's sweeping mellotron nearly swelled me to tears.

Needless to say, Summerteeth is a perfect record, but I never realized just how perfect the album is until today. In light of Bennett's recent passing, the record has become the most bittersweet album in my possession, and, possibly, the most precious. It's difficult not to ponder how Summerteeth would have sounded if not for Bennett's presence.

Girlfriend, Summerteeth and giraffes. Today was a good day.

xx


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: