19 May 2009

cheers

Never heard of Jim Jefferies until I watched his hilarious HBO special I Swear to God. Here's a great bit from the show:

I love drinking. I hate people who don’t drink. Never met an interesting person in my life who didn’t drink. If you don’t drink you’re a boring cunt and all your stories suck. All your stories end the same way with, ‘And then I got home.’ No one gives a shit that you’ve been promoted at work and no one gives a fuck that your kids don’t have bruises.

Ever ask a non-drinker why they don’t drink? Same fuckin’ answer every time, you go, ‘Why don’t you drink?’ and they go, ‘I don’t like the taste of it.’ NOBODY DOES! No one likes the taste of it, we drink ‘cause we fuckin’ have to! No one’s ever had a shot of tequila and gone, ‘Ooh, that’s lovely! Next time I’ll have that instead of pudding. It’s so moist!’

We drink ‘cause life’s shit and you gotta do whatever you can to get through the fuckin’ day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!