07 August 2008

support group thursday

While I sit here pondering tonight's bipolar support group (I'm unsure if I'm going), reverberations of Sunday's magical Radiohead concert continue to echo throughout my head.

It's strange: whenever I attend an amazing concert, the following days are twinged with bitter-sweetness -- I witnessed a fantastic event with thousands of people; a huge mass had assembled to share a common happening. And for those few hours, my mind and body received some ethereal transmission of perfection; I was an antenna suspended deep inside the bellows of the cosmos -- breathing and unconscious yet fully aware of the experience.

Then ...

The music ends.

The stage lights fade.

And the moment is gone. Forever.

But never forgotten.

And I'm reminded of something Andy Warhol once said:
"I try to think of what time is and all I can think is ...
Time is
Time was."

xx
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two Radiohead songs from Sunday night that haunt me the most are "All I Need" and "Videotape." Below you will find the Scotch Mist Version (recorded live in Radiohead's studio) of "All I Need" and an amazing live performance of "Videotape," which was recorded in Arras, France on 6 July 2008.

"All I Need"


"Videotape" (Please view the high quality version of this song HERE.)

No comments: