12 August 2007

a sequence of time

Joe's memorial service will be on 26 August. It's going to be a rather odd experience considering he passed away on 20 July. Most of my co-workers have accepted his death and a sense of normalcy has settled in at my workplace; however, every time I pass his now empty office I'm reminded of the huge vacancy he's left behind.
It's strange -- whenever I approach a red Honda Civic (the type of car he owned) on the road I glance at the driver, as if I expect to see Joe behind the wheel.
In other work-related news, I'm one of two candidates to replace the training supervisor who will retire in a year. This is a salaried position and that means a big pay increase, added benefits, and many other perks. It's a position that will also allow me to demonstrate my instructing abilities among other attributes that I can't exhibit when I'm behind the wheel of a bus. I've always been able to connect with diverse people, which is why I've been a training assistant for nearly four years.
In other news, my part-time eBay business is doing exceptionally well. I recently treated myself to a Canon A570 IS 7.1 megapixel camera with 4X optical zoom lens so expect to see more pics here at T.S.Tv.S.
Also, Ry and I will see the best dressed band in rock and roll Interpol for the third time this year at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago on 11 October; The Liars are the opening band, so it should be a wonderful show.
L and I are no longer speaking. (Insert Interpol's "Wrecking Ball" here.) We broke up several weeks ago but maintained a friendship until a week or two ago. She stopped responding to my text messages and that's that.
Sister's wedding will be on 8 September. I had a lengthy conversation with her last weekend, and she seems to be doing well. I constantly feel like my sister's well-being is precariously balancing on a tight rope, and at this point, I can't ever see that not being the case.
And me? I'm doing fine. I haven't written anything creative for several weeks, which is very upsetting. Inspiration has been lacking. I need rain, thunderstorms -- not this oppressive heat. I need a change of seasons. I'm begging for Autumn; I'm pleading for Mother Winter.
Last Friday, I saw MKF driving on Bloomfield Road. I hope she and child (has it been eight months since we last spoke?) are doing well.

mc

No comments: