31 January 2007

dust

Much time has passed since my last post but I'm still here -- and doing quite well. L and I have now been dating for over a month and despite my occasional episode we're very happy together. Romantic relationships -- especially when you've experienced so few throughout your life -- are strange mechanisms. Our relationship works differently than most because of our geographic locations. We're separated by 50 minutes so weekends are usually our time to spend together. Nightly phone calls and periodic text messages throughout the week lessen the distance and she never feels far away. While the distance can be difficult at times, I think it helps moderate our feelings and prevents us from "rushing" things.
I could easily saturate this post with sentimental cliches and confessions of love but those things shall remain private. She knows how I feel, and I know how she feels.
I haven't posted any recent writings because I have many stories (?) working their way through my notebook. I've never worked on multiple pieces at one time but thus far I've managed to keep each piece fresh and interesting.
The screenplay I started several months ago has been filed away but remains floating in the ether of my imagination. I haven't abandoned the script; we need some time apart, that's all.
Right now my writing philosophy is simple: just write. I'm confident that if I keep plugging away these pieces/stories/whatever will weave together and become a cohesive unit or they will forever remain separate and eventually form a collection of short stories; I find the latter very intriguing.
I'll try to keep T.S.Tv.S. fresh with a weekly update or two. Despite the many conflicting and contrasting pieces that make up TheSkyIsATelevisionSignal.blogspot.com, I'm very proud of what this blog represents.
Ugliness.
Beauty.
Heartache.
Love.
Pain.
Joy.
My life.

mc

No comments: