10 December 2006

"the world just screams and falls apart"

U P D A T E :

I'm great, I just wish it would snow, rain, sleet, something. Fifty degrees and no snow in early December is ridiculous.
I'm currently working on multiple pieces -- a wonderful feeling. Specifically I'm piecing together a short story about Brillo pads, a floor of linoleum, the Blessed Virgin Mary, a young man with OCD, and escapism.
My screenplay is on the back burner; I'm focused on compiling a collection of short stories.
Speaking of short stories, every reader (all three of you) MUST read Denis Johnson's Jesus' Son. It's an unforgettable read of short stories and it's a definite must read for fans of Chuck Palahniuk. Steal this book. Visit your friendly local library. eBay it. Hell, send me your address and I'll send you my tattered copy. JUST READ THIS BOOK. Period.
x x End transmissioN x x

mc

i was walking down the street and everyone looked like actors, their costumes reeking of perfumes and bonfire smoke. briefly i wondered if the carnival was in town, but the carnies don't come here anymore. no, not anymore. they've left the scavengers to fend for themselves. birds collect crumbs with broken beaks and drug addled freaks struggle to speak. the lights of christmas illuminate this spectacle of humanity -- a rainbow of hearts, oxygen, pills and pretty girls of cell phones.

No comments: