02 August 2006

9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1.0>>T R A N S M I T

Dear Viewer,

As you may have noticed, the_sky_is_a_television_signal's posting frequency has diminished considerably over the past month. This can be attributed to two factors.
Firstly, much of my spare time has been spent seated with my loyal typewriter (a beautiful piece of expired ingenuity and man's best friend). I've finally begun constructing a screenplay and surprisingly, the process has been smooth and fluid. I'm hesitant to expound on any specific details for fear of pigeonholing, and possibly dooming the sketchy and as yet undeveloped components of the story. However, I truly believe in what I'm writing and I hope this determination will carry me to the end.
Secondly, the future is a chapter constantly unfolding and any attempts to capture and pen my current situation would be vain and unwise. Moreover, few, if any of you, would find my personal circumstances believable; I myself find it difficult to fathom. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Moving on...After consuming Mr Thom Yorke's The Eraser for over two weeks (nonstop, btw), I decided to satisfy my vinyl craving and purchased the following LPs:
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark's O.M.D, Architecture and Morality and Dazzle Ships (all original pressings)
Godspeed You Black Emperor!'s Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada EP
Siouxsie and the Banshees' Kaleidoscope (original pressing)
Sonic Youth's Murray Street
The Velvet Underground's Loaded (bullshit re-release, but at least I own it)
Miles Davis' Bitches Brew (original pressing![despite owning the compact disc version, I had to pick up this classic work on luscious vinyl])
Also, I finally bought Sigur Ros' amazing 2005 release Takk. Why did it take nearly a year to purchase this album? No idea, but now it's in my player. Listening to this album, or any of their albums for that matter, takes me back to 20 February 2006, in a balcony seat at the Murat...An unbelievable performance. If you've ever wanted to know what miracles sound like, see Sigur Ros live. (Sidenote: The band recently concluded a series of free concerts in their homeland (Iceland). One of the performances featured Sigur Ros playing with a local marching band. Check out the pics HERE.)

And finally, the_sky_is_a_television_signal plans to post periodically (well, maybe sporadically) so don't forget about me. In the meantime, all viewer transmissions can be sent to my digital hub @ TheSkyIsATelevisionSignal@gmail.com.

Your humbled satellite,
mc
(And may peace swim in your shadows)

No comments: