21 May 2006

miscellaneous variance

At this point, I'm not sure where I'll be living after 30 June. Roommate is considering taking a job that would require him to leave Bloomington, thereby leaving me out to dry. Although he has yet to receive an official job offer, odds are he'll get one (apparently his brother has some contacts).
He and I decided to move back to Bloomington nearly three years ago and his motives for doing so now seem rather clear. I don't want to blister this post with accusation and conjecture, but his decision to look elsewhere for a job coincides with the graduation of a particular female that he's liked for quite some time -- but doesn't stand a chance with. But I digress.
The pay, benefits, shift, etc will ultimately determine whether he accepts the position or not, so I guess I'll have to settle into "wait and see" mode.
==============================================
I went yard sale hopping Saturday morning with one thing on my mind: bicycle. I found a sweet Huffy ten speed for just 25 bones. The hand brakes could use a slight adjustment...Can anyone help me out?
===========================================
Sister is engaged (no date yet) and her pregnancy is coming along fine. I really can't express how happy I am for her. I get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Readers of this blog's previous posts know the depths of addiction sister sank to, and for her to pull it together and establish a fresh, clean start is nothing short of a miracle.
Praise be to G-d.
===================================================
Mo' eBay action...Click here to view my auctions.
===============================================
"Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity." -- Thor-Heyerdahl (1914-2002), Norwegian ethnologist


mc

1 comment:

D said...

I love the last quote....nice one. Great news about your sister. It's always nice to see people escape the clutches of addiction. You coming to Indy this Friday? I know Marsh & Tiff will be over, he said he thought you were heading up.

D