24 April 2006

clarity

Yesterday afternoon, mom and I finally discussed my Judaism interest. As Kate eluded to, I was forced to ponder my intense attraction to the faith.
I explained the genesis and transformation from curiosity to focused study and I found myself listening to myself speak...As I speak these words, are they true? Are they genuine? Yes. A resounding 'yes' on all fronts.
I told her that Judaism has evoked certain feelings in me, feelings that defy explanation. I told her that Judaism has caused me to make positive changes in my life, a desire to become a better person. A person seeking higher reasons, truths. A person seeking purity.
The conversation was actually very civil and cordial. While mom said she did not agree with Judaism's view of Jesus, she said that she was happy I had found happiness and more importantly, G-d.
When I hung up the phone I felt very good about the conversation. The concern and uncertainty that had been hanging over this issue was gone. Now there was clarity. I felt like a chapter had been closed.

mc

No comments: