16 March 2006

wanna come with?

This morning, the 2006 lineup for Lollapalooza was announced - and I'm so there. There will be 130(!) bands on eight stages (with "more to come" according to the website) during the three day extravaganza (August 4-6) at Grant Park in Chicago. Here are some notables:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Kanye West
Wilco
The Raconteurs (Jack White's side project)
The Flaming Lips
Ween
The Shins
Common
Matisyahu (I saw him perform a few weeks ago. Unbelievable. Unique. Incredible.)
Sonic Youth
Sleater-Kinney
The Secret Machines
Eels
Editors
Lady Sovereign
Calexico
Sparta
Jeremy Enigk

Tickets are $130 for all three days and I'd like to get a gang of comrades together and make it a smash-up kung fu weekend. If you (comrades and strangers alike) definitely want to go, let me know.

www.lollapalooza.com

mc

2 comments:

D said...

Yeah, read this earlier today...quite a lineup. I'd like to make the trip. Count me in (for now at least).

the.sky.is.a.television.signal said...

Right on, D.

mc