01 March 2006

i will say

She's going to come to me on a night blinded by falling snow and I will be a frozen figure. Her eyes will be filled with flowers and flames and her hair will flow like blood in veins.
"Words always fail me in moments like these," I will say.
"Your words are the forgotten decorations on a Christmas tree from 1987 and have no place in this moment. This silence is safety. This silence is home so seal your lips and shut your eyes and we will fall into a void that not even the angels have graced. Silence, love. Silence," she will respond, placing fingers of warm porcelain over my blue lips.
She will secrete seeds in the forms of beads of sweat and drops of tears and I will plant them in my salty flesh as mine into her. Our breath is fertilizer and our kisses the rain and we will grow to dissolve and dispense melodies void of reason and time.
Soak me into your skin like rays from the burning sphere...Flames are lurching and leaping and reaching. And we will be there: A field of snow flakes and bleeding daffodils. We will live. We will love. We will breathe and we will die - and I am here waiting for you, Love.
Lingering like the last leaf in October, trembling.

mc

No comments: