12 February 2006

shelter from the storm

After work last night, I spontaneously decided to leave my apartment and drive to Indy and visit AA. With Roommate being out of town and my head a mess, the prospect of spending a Saturday night alone and locked in my apartment seemed rather terrifying so I had to flee.
It's always good knocking back shots and shooting the shit with AA. For one drunken night I was absolved of the static in my mind, but this mess would resurface in another's head with a 2 am phone call from his girlfriend which later would result in his absence as he would leave to be by her sobbing side.
I was drunk and ready to crash, he wanted to console his lady and she wanted his presence so everything worked out amicably, relatively speaking.
AA, thanks for providing shelter from the storm for a night. You're a true comrade.

mc

No comments: