20 December 2005

earlier today...

I had another one of those biodegradable moments.
At a red traffic light.
Yellow sun above. Burning like a fading astronaut.
Tears, cradled in the corners of my eyes. Hidden behind black sunglasses.
I'm always hiding.
Hiding from regret (burns like a bastard).
Hiding from desire (hurts like an acid papercut).
Hiding from hiding.
This desire is dying, Doctor.
("Shit - we're losing him," says a blue surgical mask in a flurry of panicked ER personnel)

This desire is the goldfish that has leapt from it's glass palace (underwater).
Glass is invisible.
GASPGASPGASPGASP GASP GASp GAsp Gasp gasp
Oh, Fishy - where did you get the desire to escape from your aqua-safety-net-life?
Now you're exposed
and slowly dying
- g a s p -
Fading like a burning astronaut.
"Houston,
we have a problem."
Mission control is strangled and tangled like
Her hair on sunday morning.
These wires are all a mess.
Inside of me
Inside of you
I want to be
I want to see
Someone untangled and sailing free
Save me
O, Babe - please save me
From me
From me
From me
From me, To you
(A dozen technicolor flowers, freshly cut and bleeding, in my left hand)
"But they have no scent," she said.
The presence of a ghost, an absence of scent.
These technicolor flowers
For the ghost before me.
"Before me, angels hovered over treetops with plastic wings beautiful."
O, Angel of Beauty and Ghost of Tenderness,
Tuck me under your wing shining with warmth,
These flowers are for You
From me, From me,
Take me,
From me.

The sound of a car's horn. The traffic light is green.


mc

No comments: