03 September 2005

changing lanes


Gavin Banek: I came here for some meaning. I want you to give the world meaning to mean.
Priest: Why does the world need meaning?
Gavin Banek: Why does the...?! Because the world is a sewer, the world is a shithole and a garbage dump because my father-in-law got me to screw a good man, a decent man out of his money and my wife cheers me on...because I got into a fender-bender with this guy on the FDR...I had a little fight with him and I tried to do everything I could to settle with this guy and he just wouldn't let it go.
Priest: Why? Why wouldn't he let it go?
Gavin Banek: I DON'T KNOW WHY! I don't know why. Sometimes god just likes to put two guys in a paper bag and let 'em rip

Dialogue from the movie (and a damn good one, I might add) Changing Lanes (2002)

mc

2 comments:

the.sky.is.a.television.signal said...

do you really believe there is a meaning to life?

the.sky.is.a.television.signal said...

my view- the meaning of dust is just that-being dust. the meaning of cardboard is just that-being cardboard. likewise the meaning of life is just that-being alive.